Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WEEK TWO

What I have learned this week ,from reading chapter two, is making sure I keep the audience in mind when using technical communication. I am a Medical Technologist by profession, and we use a whole lot of documentation. The purpose of this documentation is to convey to the reader what they are doing and making sure they are following procedure. I may even have to revise a certain procedure or even write one and I have to make sure and ask myself; Who will be reading or using this material? Why is this information needed? What will they do with this information? I would be addressing an expert audience ,so then I would not have to go into great detail about what this or that means as opposed to presenting to an audience who knows nothing about lab procedures.

4 comments:

tbwhite1 said...

I agree with your post. It is important in your field of employment to communicate, because one miscommunication can cause other errors when typing and reviewing your documents. Nice work.

janicegriffin said...

I also felt that was the main idea of the chapter and makes you take a minute to think before you begin to type.

M. Burrows said...

It sounds like you have an edge over some of us, since you have some technical writing experience already.

By the way, I looked up the assignment schedule that you told me about. It's basically the same one I'm using, only the due dates are even older. So I guess that means that the schedule is the same every quarter. Thanks!

kareemcampbell said...

i took intro to humanities last quarter that was a good class i think you will like it